THE YEAR 2022-2023
- Ranked among the top 4 teams in the ENACTUS GLOBAL RACE TO RETHINK PLASTIC.
- Secured 3rd Position in Enactus race to rethink plastic at the stage of Enactus world cup 2022-23 held in Puerto Rico, USA.
- Launched 3 new sustainable products in project haritah which are mailer bags, carry bags and mono-carton boxes made up of Bamboo craft and bamboo paper.
- Diversified Haritah by coming up with Enactus SAC's new project, Project Avisa to counter plastic waste in the Aquatic ecosystem.
- Joined hands with associations and NGOs like Jansharnam, Inseda, and Praha Foundation to scale up our operations and increase our impact.
- Conducted awareness campaigns and set up stalls at different locations across Delhi NCR to generate awareness about our products and ill effects of plastic towards our environment. (to name some Swatch Bharat league, etc)
- Active Participation in events conducted by Enactus India and Enactus Global such as Race to Better India, and One race 4 Oceans.>
THE YEAR 2021-2022
- Reduced up to 2.59(approx) tonnes of plastic waste.
- Replaced plastic products in more than 30+ outlets in Delhi NCR and across with sustainable products of Haritah.
- Ranked among the top 12 teams in the ENACTUS GLOBAL RACE TO RETHINK PLASTIC.
- Launched a sustainable product in the food packaging industry - Food Takeaway boxes made up of Bamboo craft paper.
- Joined hands with relevant associations to diversify our business model such as IPCA(Indian Pollution Control Association), CIBART, Ihita Foundation, etc
- Our collaborations led to the formation of skill development centres and upcycling of uncollected plastic at a large scale.
THE YEAR 2022-23
- 1. Ankur commenced operations on the 1st of September, 2022.
- Launched a sustainable product, the Coconut Dish Washing Scrub, crafted from upcycled coconut byproducts.
- Ranked among the TOP 12 teams in the ENACTUS GLOBAL ONE RACE FOR OCEANS.
- Conducted awareness campaigns and established stalls across different locations in Delhi NCR to educate the public about our products and the detrimental effects of plastic on the environment.
- Ranked among the TOP 5 teams in the ENACTUS INDIA NATIONAL EXPOSITION.
- Active Participation in events conducted by Enactus India and Enactus Global such as Race to Better India, One race 4 Oceans and National Exposition.
- We have partnered with esteemed NGOs like Eminence, Naya Prayas and Praha Foundation, as well as worked closely with the Gotakhor community with the shared objective of reducing plastic pollution from water bodies through river cleanup efforts.
- Our efforts have led to a reduction of 80 kgs of plastic and metallic waste, while also lowering carbon emissions by over 420 kgs.
- Till date we have created one new business and generated 9 jobs.
- We have positively influenced over 100,000 individuals and empowered 6+ underprivileged women with valuable skills.
Enactus is an international nonprofit organization which aims to improve the world through entrepreneurial action. Enactus, Sri Aurobindo College was launched on 1st August 2016 under the able guidance of our faculty member, Mr. Prem Singh.
In the first year, "Project Mishtaan" was launched. The project involved training an unemployed man to cook various dishes and training him to independently run a stall and make a living for himself and his family. After training the man, our students gave him various opportunities to put up his stall in the various events conducted by our college as well as other colleges. The outcome of the project is a man who is now able to independently run his stall.
The entrepreneurial spirit of the students and their desire to make meaningful contribution to the life of underprivileged led them to launch two linked projects in the academic year 2017-18. Project craftastic and Project Hydra are launched, building on the UN sustainable goal of water sanitization and hygiene.
Under Project Craftastic, students get the customized products such as pens, mugs, notebooks etc. designed and sell them to students of various colleges and general public.In addition to this, students also visit shelter homes, including Society for Promotion of Youth and Masses(SPYM's), for distributing pens and notebooks to them for educational purpose.
Project Hydra is concerned with the UN sustainable goal of water sanitization and hygiene.
Under this, the team of students has manufactured GERMINATOR: a hand sanitizer that kills bacteria on hands especially for areas where water is scarce.
Project Craftastic is a fundraiser project for project Hydra. The funds so raised from selling customized products are used by the students to manufacture hand-sanitizer, named GERMINATOR. The hand sanitizers are distributed to the underprivileged people in water-starved area. The objective is to sensitize them on the need of sanitation and promote the level of hygiene.Till date, more than 400 sanitizers have been distributed and thus, impacting lives of over 400 children and their families.