The National Service Scheme (NSS) is an Indian government-sponsored public service program conducted by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Government of India. The aim of NSS is to facilitate the development of student's personality through community service. It is a voluntary association of young people in Colleges, Universities and at +2 level working for a campus-community linkage. The NSS unit of Sri Aurobindo College has been working actively and the following events were conducted during the academic year 2017-18.
- Celebration of Independence Day and anniversary of Quit India movement: To mark the occasion of 75th anniversary of the Quit India Movement and 70thIndependence DayCelebration, the Principal, Dr Vipin Agarwal, faculty members, staff members and students along with the National Service Scheme's (NSS) volunteers of the college had taken a pledge on 9th August, 2017 to build a New India which would be Clean, free of Poverty, Corruption, Terrorism, Communalism and Casteism. This was followed by the National Service Scheme's (NSS) 'Cleanliness Drive' for a week within the college premises under Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and plantation of saplings. These events were accomplished under the supervision and guidance of Dr. Rajiv Aggarwal, the Convenor (NSS), KalpitaSonowal and Dr.NeetuDwivedi, the Co-convenors (NSS).
- Sankalp se Siddhi:An essay writing competition was organised by the college NSS--unit on 5th September, 2017under the direction of Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation. It was a drive under Sankalp se Siddhi, initiated by the aforesaid Department with the objective of Swachh Bharat Mission. The topic of the competition was 'What will I do for Cleanliness?'/'Mein Swachhtakeliyekiyakarsakta/saktihoon?' Five best entries were uploaded on the aforesaid ministry's website.
- Rally for Rivers: was a wonderful event led by Sadhguru from more than 16 states. The event ended on 22nd September, 2017 at Delhi, JLN stadium where a letter to the representative of Honourable Prime Minister was given. The NSS team of the college consisting of 60 volunteers spread the awareness. The event consisted of rally, street play and person to person awareness. Overall, more than 1500 missed calls were registered for thecause from the college itself.
- RashtriyaEktaDiwas(National Unity Day): The NSS unit of Sri Aurobindo College (Morning), had organised an oath taking ceremony on 30th October to mark the RashtriyaEktaDiwas, on the birth date of SardarVallabhbhai Patel. He was known as the Iron man of the nation and in order to spread his ideologies and messages to society, the NSS unit organised the ceremony where all the volunteers took pledge to be united, integrated and to contribute towards the growth and development of the nation. The Principal, Dr.Vipin Agarwal addressed the students to work for the nation and recalled the visions of the great leader. This was also followed by a street play performed by the NSS volunteers on 'Unity '.
- Books and Clothes Collection and Distribution Drive: The NSS unit of the college had undertaken a 'Books and Clothes Collection and Distribution Drive,' where books, clothes, shoes and blankets were donated by the students, faculties and non-teaching staffs. The collection drive lasted for a month and the collected goods were distributed on 30th October, 2017 amongst the underprivileged people living in the Begampur Slum area, New Delhi. It was an effort made by the NSS unit of the college to reach out to the needy people of the society, and thereby helping them to fight the chilling days, those were yet to come.
- National Voters day was celebrated on 25th January, 2018 under the aegis of NSS-Unit of the college. On this occasion, teachers, students, NSS-volunteers and staff members took the pledge to uphold the democratic traditions of the country and to abide by the ethical electoral participation.